Edgewater – EDMAR Corporation Masonry Tuckpointing Service Area

Edgewater, is Chicago’s lakefront community area with several beautiful beaches along the Lake Michigan, positioned on the North side of the city. It is bounded by Ravenswood Ave. on the West, Foster Ave. on the South, and Devon Ave. on the North.

Andersonville, Chicago.JPG
Image by Link

Originally developed as a summer rest area for the Chicago elite, its population started growing aggressively in late 1880’s. To provide it with much needed public service access, the Edgewater area was annexed to Chicago in 1889.

In the early 1900’s, Edgewater was considered one of the most respected communities in Chicago, its shoreline lined with lavish mansions, and large single-family residences dominating lots spreading inland.

There are just a few historic districts within Edgewater, where we provide our masonry and tuckpointing services, like in Andersonville, Bryn Mawr Historic District, and Lakewood Balmoral Historic District. Large portion of the area includes high rise apartment buildings, condominiums, commercial businesses, and various types of residential structures.

An interesting fact about the street names in Edgewater, in 1885, all of the local streets were named after the names of train stations of the Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR Main Line), and the majority of them still maintain those names, for example: Ardmore Ave., Thorndale Ave., Bryn Mawr Ave., Berwyn Ave., Devon Ave., Rosemont Ave., Wayne Ave.

Within the last century, the population of Edgewater community keeps oscillating around 50-60K, and it’s spread between a few smaller neighborhoods:

  • Andersonville – originally dominated by Swedes, still has their large presence, although it became much more diversified over the last few decades.
  • Edgewater Glen – with its name originating from Glenwood Ave. and Glenlake Ave. that cross in the middle of this neighborhood.
  • Broadway – the main commercial street with a wide variety of ethnic restaurants, fast food places, pubs, and pizza spots.
  • Magnolia Glen
  • Edgewater Beach
  • Lakewood / Balmoral

Not sure if you need masonry, tuckpointing, concrete, or porch service in Edgewater?

Call 1-847-724-5600

All Estimates are Always FREE for Home Owners

Our office is just minutes away from Edgewater, if you’d like to talk to us and schedule masonry evaluation and / or tuckpointing service of your Edgewater property. Check the map below and give us a call if you need some more information.

Tuckpointing & Masonry Contractor Chicago Reviews from Our Customers

google logoEDMAR CorporationEDMAR Corporation
4.5 Stars - Based on 28 User Reviews

yelp logoEDMAR CorporationEDMAR Corporation
4.5 yelp stars
4.5 Stars - Based on 36 User Reviews

facebook logoEDMAR CorporationEDMAR Corporation
5 Stars - Based on User Reviews
  • A G. Avatar

    I am a case manager who works with people with disabilities and one of my clients needed her roof repaired due to a big hole... read more

    A G.
    Roberto G. Avatar

    5 star rating Truly one of the most honest men I have ever met. Me and my family will be using and recommending Ed for all our... read more

    Roberto G.
    Irena S. Avatar

    Great work, great price.

    Irena S.
  • Lara M. Avatar

    positive review  I own 3 story rental in Chicago and got building violation ticket for the rear porch… this was last summer. The porch was old and... read more

    Lara M.
    Cyndy O. Avatar

    5 star rating We had Edmar complete 3 separate projects at our home. Replacing garage siding/windows, entire front and rear porch. In any home project we have had... read more

    Cyndy O.
    Gene P. Avatar

    5 star rating We had some cracks in the masonry on our building, it wasn't a big job but Ed came by to take a look anyway. Compared... read more

    Gene P.
  • Brian K. Avatar

    3 star rating I would give closer to 3 1/2 stars if I could. I was pleased with the work that was completed. I had 4... read more

    Brian K.
    Daisy M. Avatar

    I got several quotes, Edmar was honest and priced very well. Their efficiency and neatness were most impressive, thanks for a great result!

    Daisy M.
    Clara S. Avatar

    5 star rating I had Edmar Corporation do work on my house in Glenview in the summer of 2012, and I was very satisfied with their services. ... read more

    Clara S.
  • David D. Avatar

    5 star rating Without question the best experience I have ever had with any contractor, Ed is direct and honest; no surprises. I rarely write reviews unless I... read more

    David D.
    Andy W. Avatar

    5 star rating These guys came thru. After some problems getting the work completed they came back out and finished the work as well as some additional brick... read more

    Andy W.
    A G. Avatar

    Edmar is the most professional construction with many skilled workers in Chicago area, as long as I know. If your priority is choosing a... read more

    A G.
  • Jargren S. Avatar

    5 star rating I just have to say the work, the crew, and Ed were wonderful. Their quality of work and maintaining the job site in an... read more

    Jargren S.
    Dan W. Avatar

    5 star rating My job wasn't large, but Edmar treated me like I was their most important customer. The concrete work they did is just about perfect. I... read more

    Dan W.
    Ross U. Avatar

    5 star rating I usually do a lot of research before I let someone touch my home. After talking to a few tuck pointing companies it was obvious... read more

    Ross U.
  • Aida A. Avatar

    Our condo association hired Edmar Corporation to do some much needed repairs on our building. It came to our attention that there were leaks on... read more

    Aida A.
    Allison W. Avatar

    positive review  EDMAR came to replace 35 feet of sidewalk by my house. They busted old concrete one day and poured new sidewalk next. NICE JOB.

    Allison W.
    Jonathan M. Avatar

    We just had work completed on our 7 unit building and the team did a fantastic job. Quick efficient, and effective. They had to... read more

    Jonathan M.
  • Mark U. Avatar

    I asked for a proposal to tuckpoint our commercial building and Peter came out and inspected it with me and answered all my questions. ... read more

    Mark U.
    Emily R. Avatar

    5 star rating Highly recommend. Ed came out, gave us a quote and started our project all very quickly. His crew kept the area very clean and did... read more

    Emily R.
    Emily R. Avatar

    Excellent experience from Edmar from start to finish! From the first estimate, I enjoyed the experience of working with Ed and his team. They rebuilt... read more

    Emily R.
  • John F. Avatar

    5 star rating Edmar Corporation Masonry was contracted for three projects on an industrial building in the City. The first project was to rebrick part of a doorway... read more

    John F.
    Ellen P. Avatar

    5 star rating I am a case manager who works with people with disabilities and one of my clients needed her roof repaired due to a big hole... read more

    Ellen P.
    thomas g. Avatar

    5 star rating So happy. These guys were fast and friendly and clean. I collected many quotes. Edmar Corporation was the lowest $ with the highest rating in... read more

    thomas g.
  • Don M. Avatar

    Very professional and great work on rebuilding my chimney. Recommend

    Don M.
    Meltem A. Avatar

    Edmar cooporation build a new porch for our condo association. They were very professional, kept their promises. Very quick great work friendly and professional service.... read more

    Meltem A.
    Melissa H. Avatar

    5 star rating This company fixed some stairs for a customer of mine. They were quick to contact customer as it was a closing issue contigent on... read more

    Melissa H.
  • Elizabeth P. Avatar

    They replaced lintels on my 6 flat. They were fast, professional and a pleasure to work with.

    Elizabeth P.
    Peter L. Avatar

    Great service.

    Peter L.
    Tom O. Avatar

    5 star rating I called Ed and he came within the same day and after careful examining the
    the chimney he gave his estimate which was very straight...
    read more

    Tom O.
  • April B. Avatar

    5 star rating Nice concrete work and the grading helped to move water away from the walk. Very professional and worked with us to address water issues.

    April B.
    Tony R. Avatar

    By far the most professional and highly skilled company I've worked with.
    I had a chimney taken down and rebuilt from the roof line up. ...
    read more

    Tony R.
    Cassie M. Avatar

    5 star rating Peter and crew were very professional and did an excellent job installing a new sliding glass door for us. The install included fixing some siding... read more

    Cassie M.
  • Antonio R. Avatar

    5 star rating Top Notch Masonry Contractor. Had a new Chimney rebuilt from the roof up. The Crews were professional and we're highly skilled tradesmen. ... read more

    Antonio R.
    Kevin K. Avatar

    The owner, Ed, was awesome to work with. Genuinely nice guy, honest and a true professional in his craft. We had some extensive masonry work... read more

    Kevin K.
    A G. Avatar

    They rebuilt my parapet wall quickly for a reasonable price! The wall looks great. I'm very satisfied with their work and customer service!!

    A G.
  • Cecil S. Avatar

    5 star rating I needed some tuckpointing done on a condo I manage in Chicago and called Edmar for a quote through a mutual friend that had used... read more

    Cecil S.
    S K. Avatar

    5 star rating If it were possible to give more than 5 stars, I would! We had to reconstruct our brick and wrought iron fence after the... read more

    S K.
    Azar K. Avatar

    My building hired Edmar to do a tuck pointing project and we couldn’t be more impressed. Peter the project manager came out to our building... read more

    Azar K.
  • Bill C. Avatar

    4 star rating I couldn't be happier with Edmar corporation. He gave me a quote on the extensive brick work my 2 flat needed. It was a... read more

    Bill C.
    Tania M. Avatar

    5 star rating Edmar Corp replaced the front brick of our property this summer. Not only did Ed provide us a reasonable estimate but he was patient while... read more

    Tania M.
    Ted T. Avatar

    1 star rating A bunch of scammers and crooks. I got a letter from them indicating building violations. The letter makes it seem they are working on behalf... read more

    Ted T.
  • Matt M. Avatar

    Edmar is the best in the business. I’ve owned buildings in the city for a while now and I’m telling you there’s no one more... read more

    Matt M.
    Adrian F. Avatar

    positive review  Last December we experienced some serious problems at our condo building. Many widows from 3rd floor units were leaking water along their top frames. We... read more

    Adrian F.
    Todd B. Avatar

    5 star rating The team did a fantastic job repairing water damaged block and metal I-Beam above the outside of my garage. Good communication through the project and... read more

    Todd B.
  • Brett S. Avatar

    5 star rating These guys did a great job on my chimney. Punctual and fast. Would hire them again in a heartbeat!

    Brett S.
    Dan P. Avatar

    5 star rating I had Edmar rebuild a portion of my parapet wall. I had gotten quite a few recommendations and estimates from different local companies. ... read more

    Dan P.
    O A. Avatar

    5 star rating Edmar did some work for our condo building. He gave us an honest quote for the work that needed to be done, and did... read more

    O A.
  • Maciek G. Avatar

    Greta People to do Business with ! Quality and fair price for Top Quality.

    Maciek G.
    A G. Avatar

    By far the most professional and highly skilled company I've worked with.
    I had a chimney taken down and rebuilt from the roof line up. ...
    read more

    A G.
    Rick B. Avatar

    5 star rating We had several issues to address, including retaining walls, parging, tuckpointing and replacing old lintels. Ed came out to review and estimate, was very... read more

    Rick B.
  • Maciek G. Avatar

    Greta People to do Business with ! Quality and fair price for Top Quality. I did Parapet wall fix and new concrete steps. They also... read more

    Maciek G.
    Dema D. Avatar

    5 star rating I decided to hire Edmar based on excellent Yelp reviews and I was not disappointed. The work I hired him for was to repair my... read more

    Dema D.
    Sarah V. Avatar

    This company is really excellent. I hired them to come and redo the siding, soffits, gutters, and downspouts on the addition of my 1927 Mediterranean-inspired... read more

    Sarah V.
  • Bri C. Avatar

    Our condo association will definitely be hiring Edward and his company again this year. They completed two projects for us, some tuckpointing and brickwork on... read more

    Bri C.
    Elizabeth E. Avatar

    5 star rating We have a small house. Sometimes it feels like tradesmen are not very interested in taking our business. However, Ed made me feel... read more

    Elizabeth E.
    Peter J. Avatar

    I haven’t been so excited in my live, the work is finally done! For the past five days I had a crew of 5 working... read more

    Peter J.
  • Alex F. Avatar

    5 star rating Ed along with his crew did a fantastic job on a few of our commercial building. I always recommend Edmar for all thing masonry to.... read more

    Alex F.
    Michael P. Avatar

    Thank you for the great service. We had some tuck pointing work that needed to be done on the chimney and foundation of our... read more

    Michael P.
    Karolina Avatar

    This company and its owner were a pleasure to work with. We needed some masonry repairs on our single family home in Lincoln Park and... read more

    Karolina
  • Jeff G. Avatar

    It's always frightening to undertake a project that requires dismantling the infrastructure of your home. Thus, it was no different with me when I asked... read more

    Jeff G.
    Maciek G. Avatar

    Greta People to do Business with ! Quality and fair price for Top Quality. I did Parapet wall fix and new concrete steps. They also... read more

    Maciek G.
    Jessie R. Avatar

    Our condo association requested evaluation of our building’s masonry structure from EDMAR CORPORATION so we can plan our 2019 budget. We didn’t make our decision... read more

    Jessie R.
  • Paul P. Avatar

    5 star rating Excellent work. Work was done in 2 days. Walkway was re pitched to align better with stoop (which showed large cracks at base where walkway... read more

    Paul P.
    Jolanta J. Avatar

    Edmar Corporation did an outstanding masonry job on our Condominium BLDG!!!! We are very satisfied with the work!!!! Mr. ED came for the estimate and... read more

    Jolanta J.
    Karen D. Avatar

    positive review  I had EDMAR repair my brick chimney a little while ago. The crew took apart everything above the roof, fixed the brown clay tube inside... read more

    Karen D.
  • Jakub P. Avatar

    5 star rating I used Edmar Corporation a few years ago to fix up my home in the north suburbs and was very pleased with their work. I... read more

    Jakub P.
    Margaret B. Avatar

    Edmar Corporation did a great job fixing several problems with my 100 plus year old beautiful greystone. Edmar and his partner help me resolve difficult... read more

    Margaret B.
    Linda Q. Avatar

    5 star rating My husband and I bought a foreclosure on Newcastle and needed to do some work. In order to attain inside look of the kitchen we... read more

    Linda Q.
  • Elizabeth S. Avatar

    5 star rating We had a wonderful experience with Edmar. We needed a level of brick and capstone removed from our rooftop - the job was completed in... read more

    Elizabeth S.

The post Edgewater – EDMAR Corporation Masonry Tuckpointing Service Area appeared first on Chicago Masonry Contractor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Norridge IL – EDMAR Corporation Masonry Tuckpointing Service Area

Concrete Stairs and Concrete Sidewalk Installation